Wednesday 24 October 2007

Fantasia

Just got back from the studio, still a bit spaced out after watching Fantasia, and thought I would do this. Never really been a Disney fan; find most of the films too soppy but over the last week or so I have gained more of an appreciation for the technical aspect of the films especially after watching Fantasia and attempting to do the animation yesterday. I definitely want to look further into the work of Art Babbit and Preston Blair; I thought the scene with the hippo dancing had a really good sense of weight as well as how well the animation was synced with the soundtrack throughout the entire film. Other scenes from the film that I liked where the way that the reflection of the flowers in the water where captured and how their movement resembled dancers. I especially liked the varying textures, such as the glossy quality of the snowflakes and the contrast between the lava and the water in the dinosaur bit. Got more stuff I want to say on this but a bit rushed at the moment so will try and do it tomorrow.

No comments: