Thursday 22 May 2008

Dung Beetle!

I was on the creature comforts project this week animating a dung beetle, which is more interesting than it sounds, honest. Apart from the really unbelievably crap quality of the audio it’s a really good project, although I have been working from Cherie’s design I have had a reasonable amount of freedom with what everything looks like, and I am starting to get stuck into the animation now that the lip-sync is out of the way. That said, today was a bit frustrating as Flash didn’t seem to want to behave, in the end I just left it to deal with tomorrow.

That just about exhausts my news for that project, so I shall conveniently move on to the results of the storyboarding and script project, which I will admit I found a little disappointing especially as I enjoyed it so much, never mind though, I think I know what I did wrong; mainly I was too ambitious. So I am now throwing myself into every storyboarding and film studies book I can find in a bid to better myself and cram my head with lots of itty bitty bits of storyboarding facts.

I have also managed to secure myself a project to do over the summer; a video for a friend’s band, who I did do something for last summer (a rather feeble attempt at stop-motion, I think I posted it on here sometime last term) but hopefully this new one will be better as I like to think I will know what I am doing this time round and may actually have something resembling animation software.

Right once again time for me to disappear, hopefully the dung beetle will be done this time next week and I will be able to discuss the joys of post-production.

No comments: