Friday 9 May 2008

Still no I-dent (sorry)

It only seems like five minutes ago that I was last doing this; the week has flown by, so apologies if I am a little vague this week.

After my little rant last week I have had time to sit back and reflect and have come to the conclusion that I still hate Maya and wouldn’t want to touch it with a barge pole. That said the fact that it has effectively beaten me is constantly at the back of my mind so I might end up doing the tutorials again when I get some free time.

I really like the new project(s), and think we have a good group for the library brief, despite the odd clash of egos. Pete has come up with a really good idea of giving us all our own little bit to come up with, which allows us some degree of creative freedom and will hopefully give the finished film an interesting feel as it changes between the different styles, although we will have to be careful that these changes don’t confuse the audience. I am also responsible for designing the environment; which I am trying to keep as simple as possible, to fit the overall feel of the film as well as making the 3D modelling of it as quick and simple as possible. I am also coming up with lighting schemes, which I haven’t really thought about and am advising on the camera angles, although I think everyone else’s ideas on that front are better than mine.

And finally, my little pet project, which I am still not going to say what it is about, except it is going to be stop motion, is tottering along nicely. I have read Peter Lord’s and Brian Sibley’s Cracking Animation, which is really useful, I have some very rough character designs and a sript(ish) as well as recruiting some 3D design people to help build sets and props and a textiles person to make little miniature clothes. However, this is likely to ground to a halt during this project and probably wont be resurrected till next year.

No comments: