Wednesday 14 January 2009

Hurrah!

So here we are; my first blog of 2009, what a momentous occasion, hurrah! First things first, a leap back to yesteryear and the Exeter ident and apologies for the lack of the videos that I promised, they do exist, I promise but unfortunately blogger does not seem to want to let me post them, so if anyone out there is really desperate to see some candelabra things and the spinny floor let me know and I can show them to you. As for the run-through on the lighting, which I promised I would post (I lied), I can copy it from my production report.

Now back to the present and the brand spanking new project, which I must say is making me feel all warm and fuzzy inside as it will be a chance to do some stop-mo by myself and really get some character into the performance. In the finest uber geek traditions I have dome some background reading for this project; Ed Hooks’ Acting for Animators (with multimedia CD-ROM included!) and Acting in Animation, which have both been very useful if not slightly confusing at times. So hopefully reading them will pay off. I am still trying to come up with ideas for a scenario for this project but ideas have not been particularly forthcoming; the best I have so far is a guy in a Pot Noodle factory but that idea would have probably changed completely by next week. As for tackling the lip sync I was thinking of “borrowing” an idea from Tandem Films Flatworld (1997), which uses 2D characters animated traditionally but put into a 3D environment and filmed as if it were stop-motion. My plan is to use traditional techniques to animate the face and then just blue tack each drawing to the armature, I will need to do a couple of animation tests to get it right no doubt but hopefully it will work , fingers crossed.

No comments: