Wednesday 21 January 2009

Ye Olde Lipee Sync

Greetings and salutations! And once again may I welcome you to ye olde blogge! This week I have been focusing mainly on the lip-sync project as I’m struggling to come up with ideas for the storyboarding thing and my way of dealing with that is to ignore it and hope a good(ish) solution presents itself.

So, lip-sync, well it has bean chuntering along quite smoothly; its all now drawn up. Initially I had put quite a lot of tweaning in as it all looked a bit jumpy with just the keys but I did a bit too much, making it look like the mouth was jittering about. So I have subsequently taken a lot of it out again, hopefully striking the right balance. My next job is tart up those drawings and mount them on card so that they can be fixed to the stopmo puppet.

I’m not sure exactly what I’m going to do for the rest of the animation but I’m toying with the idea of playing on the fact that the mouth is stuck on. Although it is possible to use the eyes on the puppet I think I might draw those too just because I think drawn ones would look better with the mouth.

Before I go I will give the storyboarding project a brief mention, I did have a song that I picked but I fell out with it and as of yet have not found a replacement. However, whatever song I pick I think I am going to have to use fairly simple character designs as many of the more complex characters I have tried to use look different every time I draw them but If I can find a song where that sort of style would work then I’d be set.

No comments: