Tuesday 7 July 2009

Advice: its for wimps

So here I am again back to the blog, yayyy! And I don’t even have to be doing it. What is going on?

Well dear readers I thought to my self that since at some point I am supposed to write about the ‘thought process’ behind my work, it maid sense to make a start at it now whilst I’m actually doing the work rather than trying to remember/make-up what I did six months from now. So now you know, knowledge is power!

So what have I been doing? Well, I have tried to make a start on the final project work which is starting to gain a bit of momentum now but I fear it could all be in vain as I have sort of accidentally on purpose chosen to ignore the advice I was given in regards to it. You may recall that I submitted three ideas; the space one, something arty and pretentious and the happy cheerful story about a crazy old lady who throws puppies in rivers (guess which was my favourite).

Sorry I am really crap with names so I have renamed the advice panel thing as follows: ‘script man’, ‘Andy’s wife’ and of course Andy himself. They seemed to like the space idea the most because it had a narrative or at least potential for a narrative but the truth is that I haven’t really looked at that idea for almost twelve months and have gone off it a bit and don’t think that its worth me trying to work on something that I no longer have any passion for.

So taking the panel’s advice into account I am happily waltzing through the big gate marked: DANGER! DO NOT ENTER OR YOU WILL DIE HORRIBLY! And combining the two ideas that got an icy reception whilst at the same time trying to avoid a momentous cock-up and come out smelling of roses and more importantly alive and sane. Some of the advice has got through my thick skull and I will attempt to get some sort of narrative going so hopefully I don’t compliantly alienate the audience but at the moment I have a collection of random ideas that need stringing together somehow.

Well, there you have it: a mission statement!

On an unrelated note, here is a nice cheerful video, with what i think is some greenscreen stuff, I am rather proud that i found it:

No comments: