Friday 29 May 2009

Portfolio

Last Blog o the term. Whoop! The main purpose of this weeks entry is to explain the extra stuff that is in my portfolio but first I shall give a brief update on Talking Dog.

This week I have got a couple more scenes done, progress has been a bit slow as I had some problems with the rig holding the hoverbike (georg built me a new one). That did eventually get done but it looks a bit stiff. I am finding at the moment I am somewhat lacking in sticking power on this project, I tend to fizzle out around lunchtime and then just mope around in the afternoon. I am hoping that a decent rest over the weekend will leave me feeling refreshed and ready to tackle next weeks dose of robots with a bit more enthusiasm.

Now! On to the stuff in my portfolio:

Jesus Just Left Chicago
This was a bit of an extension on Kathy’s storyboarding project; she suggested I turn my idea into an animatic, so I did. It was cobbled together a bit quickly so the flow is a bit iffy and none of the drawings fit to screen but I do think that it reads a lot better than the storyboard.

Glasney Vs. Tremough
An idea which I started to develop over the summer but really got into in my free time the last couple of terms. It is about a cosmonaught, Glasney (it sounded vaguely Russian) who has a mundane little job in a communications satellite… until the world is destroyed and he is the only person left alive, or so he thinks. He eventually bumps into another survivor, Tremough, an American, at first things are hunky-dory until the characters start to fight over mundane little things which eventually descends into an all out war to conquer each others spaceships in the name of their now destroyed countries.
I really got into designing Glasney’s spaceship, disturbingly so, and even started to try and build it in Maya, but those files were on my data stick that went missing (and foolishly were not backed up).

Requiem for a Dream
A pretentious working title that I stole from an article that I read as part of my research for this project. This is the thing I was banging on about when I got back after summer. It is an adaptation of Anthony Burgess’ A Clockwork Orange although I have gone off it a bit since I started doing stopmotion as it would be so hard to do but I am warming to the idea of just using the book as a starting point and then create something completely different, a bit like the Quays.

No comments: