Thursday 8 October 2009

A little bit more

Back again! Time to try and a bit of explanation to my earlier post, which was written in the midst of riding the cusp of the creative wave, as it where. I’m a bit more calmed down now, sort of.
Basically I’ve had a bit of a rethink of the script and come to the conclusion that it was a bit up itself so I’ve gone completely the other with it now and tried to poke a bit of fun and generally make it as silly and unserious as possible.
Originally both Andy and Derek had suggested that I look at different ways of playing out the story (eg: having Leurre seem harmless and then turning on the creatures) because it was too predictable but I got the feeling that neither where too hot on the main story. Derek suggested that I look at The Pied Piper of Hamlin by Jiri Barta, I think its safe to say that I am now a firm fan, I especially like The Club of the Laid Off, it very much appeals to my sense of humour and the clumpy looking animation is also quite amusing.





However, this did little to boost my confidence, until I woke up this morning with a rare can-do attitude to life and had a good old brain ‘shower’ session and now have something I shall try to mould into a script.

No comments: