Saturday 17 October 2009

new script

I know that I was, at some point, going to go through the development of the final project and a bit of a dissertation update but for the time being I think I need to go through the rather drastic changes that have taken place to the script of the final project.

So we had the original storey, which was basically the Pied Piper storey, both Derrick and Andy suggested that I put a twist in it to make it a bit less predictable. I tried to do this by just making the piper character a bumbling fool and keeping the same storey, except that everything that could go wrong would. Although a bit more entertaining this version of the storey was still way to predictable and in my opinion still too close to the original Pied Piper Storey. So I took it away again and twisted the hell out.

What I created is pretty much the storey I am now running with. The piper is still a bumbling fool but now the creatures get a hold of her flute, control her and then she dies of a heart attack – good wholesome family fun. It is a bit like my OSTN idea (dancing etc.) but at least it is my idea. There are still a couple of issues: I need to establish that the piper character is attempting to be the pied piper – probably by giving her some kind of book which she keeps referring too. I also need to develop the chain of events that lead to the piper throwing away the flute which leads to the creatures getting hold of it as it all happened a bit suddenly.

So my next job is to re-do the storyboard, most of which can hopefully be salvaged from the old one but we shall see. I am going to try and but a bit more emphasis on continuing action from shot to shot though – just to make it flow better.

No comments: