Wednesday 29 October 2008

The scanner is working!

I have finally got the scanner up and running so this week I have all the pictures that I promised plus a video!

Which brings me round nicely to the stop motion workshop as the video is of my attempt at lip sync that I talked about last week, although the sound dosn't seem to want to work. My character is the pink thing on the left. If I can I will try to get the video of the stuff that I did this week too, which were ‘head turns’ and ‘body bends’. I liked working with the armatures, although it is early days I am finding using these puppets the most enjoyable and rewarding form of animation that I have tried so far. The stuff I did this week was O.K. although I think I was more concerned with giving the armature character than actually getting realistic movement.




Mondays session has also rekindled my interest in my shelved stop motion project, I am yet to make any attempts at doing any new work for it but I am starting to mull over things again and I have included one of the few sketches that I was happy with, which is of the main character.

This week has also been spent attempting to build the ‘spaceship’ that I designed over the summer. I decided that it might be a good idea to try and build it in Maya as it is quite a simple shape and it would be a right pain to animate in 2D. From what I have done so far things are going O.K., there are a couple of iffy bits, which I’m not too worried about as my plan is to export any animation to flash and draw over it but it would be quite nice to get it right. Next week I’ll try and put in some screen shots of it but for now you shall have to content yourself with a picture of my Bruce Willis inspired astronaut.

And finally, onto the pitch project: Ben is working on backgrounds and Rosie is bulking out the script, I have been working on some more ideas for how the whole thing could work, my new job is character design, I have done some sketches but the character designs are by no means finished and are constantly being tweaked so the final thing could look very different.

No comments: